Wednesday 17 August 2011

'Loukia is going public...finally'



My website www.loukia.co.uk is now live and I'm so excited (if a little nervous) to finally launch myself to the big world out there. I have been shooting weddings for 3 years and it definitely was not love at first shoot, more a slow burner.


My first wedding was for Stu and Jen, an amazing couple who absolutely believed in my ability to capture their special day after seeing my work in the Brighton magazine 'You Got Papped'.


I must admit I think I was more nervous then they were which was only made worse when, during the ceremony, I kicked over a candle which proceeded to roll across the hardwood floor during a very, very quiet moment in the ceremony... I tiptoed towards the candle as it rolled away from me further and when I finally caught it, I lifted up my head to the sound of giggles from the bride and groom and their guests, I politely apologised, berated the candle and tiptoed back giggling myself. I survived the day and they were thrilled with their images and from there, my journey as a wedding photographer starts. To date I have not advertised and every wedding has been through word of mouth which I am so incredibly grateful for, but it is now time to go forth and do what is clearly staring me in the face.
  
Today, I am certainly more confident (candles are now dodged in stealth ninja style) and as I said to Lisa (my most recent bride) on Saturday, 'I absolutely love my job!' It has been a slow love affair, but one I know will endure.  


I shall be using my blog to talk about my work and show images so I hope you enjoy it and pass me onto all the lovers you know will be walking down the aisle in the not too distant future.


Thanks and bye for now xx















No comments: