Thursday 25 August 2011

I want to be a skinny machine

Well, I don't want to be in their band http://www.skinnymachines.com/ I just want to be a skinny machine and not a midnight eating monster. After a very, very, very flipping (I won’t swear on my little blog space) good show by Skinny Machines at the Half Moon, (and a few shandies) I was of course hungry so ate 1 x whole tub of chicken chow mein (large, to go) from some place in Putney that I probably wouldn't frequent in daylight hours..

I think I ate it all, although it wouldn't surprise me if Putney Bridge was littered with it this morning. I envisage commuters dodging remnants of said feast in the rain this morning…How very depressing.

Enough of my misdemeanours… 

If the crowd were anything to go by, I'd say that was a pretty good show last night. My ears were ringing, my heart was pounding, my memory card was full, and my personal body space was totally invaded by sweaty fans jumping like loons. I purposely packed one 2G memory card (approx. 100 raw images) certainly not enough when you are having as much fun as I was. Frantically deleting the bad in order to capture the good doesn't quite cut the mustard.

The gig was being filmed and at one point I got told off...My big head was blocking the camera. Sorry boys.

Off to the Water Rats tonight to shoot new band Seven Dead www.sevendead.co.uk  - minus shandies, minus Chow Mein. Doubtful minus sweat….








No comments: