Friday 6 December 2013

Rikki and Tori...that dress, a gaggle of musos and one uggers pig


Black is the new white and dads are the new lead singers, one best man? PAH, try five! Guitars, musicians, hotel rooms (no TVs out of windows sadly, it’s a wedding for blogs sake), beautiful people, groupies, glamour-puss Mums, nutty nut nut friends, booooooooze, lots of! A big scary looking cooked pig; Oink! And a stadium (think Queen, Wembley 1986), full of love. This was Rikki and Tori's rock ‘n’ roll, upside down… you name it: awesome wedding.

So where do I start? Ok, that dress… that incredible dress. Thank you Enzoani and JS Couture for creating a masterpiece! I don't think I have drooled more lovingly over a wedding dress before now and – lordy - she looked incredible, an absolute vision in… black. Women of the 1950’s would be turning in their graves. But not only is Tori aka 'Poshy' a true beauty, she’s a proper vixen (best man speech corroborates this theory!) and I also have pictures of the sexy wedding knick-knocks to prove it too…naughty, naughty ;-) I’m hoping Rikki caught a glimpse of said knick-knocks later that night, but alas I fear the rubble bundled into the wedding suite for ‘pARtY tImE’, so goodness knows what happened. Again, ladies of the 50’s would be squirming in that there soil below.

The day started with the girls getting dolled up in a beautiful hotel suite at Montcalm, The Brewery - amid the chaos of make-up, hairspray, champagne, me lurking as usual, and a load of laughter. Big claps to Panda for making Tori look even more beautiful than I thought possible, and to Tori’s aunt Kira - who whipped her hair into picture perfect place. I watched her do her daughter’s hair too… I had major bun envy. My bun was measly…. more soggy donut, than bun. Sigh. 


Lest I forget the groom… my buddy Rikki, who looked so handsome in his swishy cravat, Vivienne Westwood/Kooples suit ensemble and of course, the trade mark pointy shoes. I watched him nervously entertain the crowd, waiting for his lady. I think any nerves he may have felt evaporated as soon as she entered. Although he did fluff saying his own name! Don’t worry Rik, you’re not the first groom and you wont be the last. Nerves can make fools of us all ;-).

Then on to Chiswell Street Dining rooms for the scary looking pig (vegetarians avert your eyes) that tasted AMAZING and a load of speeches that had everyone in absolute stitches; there were a few face-hiding moments by the bride and groom, but any basting was tapered with equal amounts of love and affection. 
Rikki’s dad Greg sang the first dance song ‘Secret Smile’ by Semisonic and WOW, it was just WOW. Such a talent and now I can see where Rik gets it from. I think most of the male guests took their turn on stage, as did Mollie Mae; they’re all an incredibly talented bunch, and because I’ve missed music photography so so much, I took my position and didn’t move for a long time pap pap papping. I had to remind myself, ’It’s a wedding Loukia, not a gig!’. 


So the dancing continued into the night, the drinks flowed, stories and memories created… a wedding never to be forgotten.      

And to end, I would like to say, Rikki Roo and Tori Too (new name time!) I think you are a wonderful couple with truly generous spirits, totally blessed to be surrounded by such awesome families and if that's not enough, you're gorgeous inside and out. Hopefully your photos will provide you with lovely tangible memories of your amazing day and I hope I have done you proud. There are lots more to come as well… I had an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to choose for the blog! It was an absolute honour to shoot your wedding and it’s an honour to call you both friends.  So go forth young lovers, and create beautiful music… or babies, whichever… and remember - it all started on the Thames behind the boat shed. Classy! Reeeaaal classy! ;-)  

My love and best hugs to you both, Loukie xx