Monday 21 October 2013

Mike, Michelle and a very British love affair

I met Mike and Michelle a few years ago whilst shooting Faye and Pete's wedding. We were all on Brighton beach and they were eating chips and, if I remember rightly, they kindly gave me a one. People who share chips with lowly wedding photographers are pretty decent human beings in my book. I don't share my chips. Then low and behold, I get an email about a year ago and this lovely couple are engaged and want me to shoot their wedding.  I knew it was going to be a great wedding from the word go; 'Best of British' (their wedding theme) and indeed they were up there with the best. A really gorgeous couple with equal amounts of sillyness and loveliness...they of course laugh a lot, so naturally I loved them. And fun! They're fun! And it goes without saying their loved ones are all just as much fun - from the moment I was introduced at the rehearsal, I was instantly one of the team. 

The weather was glorious, a perfect September day… in fact I don't think they could've picked a more beautiful day to say 'I do'. Likewise, their choice of reception venue was spot on too. It's a school yes, but not just any school; Hinchingbrook House is probably one of the most stunning state schools in the country; it really is quite something and as a wedding venue it is perfect! Michelle actually attended the school so it had an extra special dose of meaning.

Michelle, as I think you’ll all agree, looked so beautiful in her dress (designed by Mori Lee) and her hair was pin-perfect thanks to Julie Walters (not the actress, but that would’ve been funny….Side lining as a hairdresser ‘ey Jules’) and flawless make-up by Georgina Atkins. I think Michelle was over the moon with your work ladies and Mike looked like the cat who got the cream so hats off to you both! A big mention must also go out to Jenny Cooper, a friend of the couple, who did an amazing job with the flowers…they were very simple and very elegant…perfect! Bravo to the gents on their speeches too… it’s not an easy job, but you all nailed it. If you can make the photographer laugh then you’re home free! 


This wedding had everything… outdoor games including a massive Connect 4. Who knew they made things on such a large scale… love it! They even had a caricaturist called Steve from Easy Cartoons and he was amaaaazing! And lovely to boot! We had a good old natter while everyone was eating their afternoon tea with yummy sarnies and cakes (true to the Best of British theme). The hog roast was pretty spectacular too… I would’ve been seen leaving at about 10.30pm, bap in hand. You always stay for the pig ;-).


Michelle and Mike were a real joy to work with, not one ounce of awkwardness between them and they were up for anything I suggested ‘you’re naturals daaarlings…..’ it certainly makes my job easier so for that I salute you both. I love your pictures, I really smiled a lot while working on them, it’s just that you look so very happy together and you can tell that your friends and family think the world of you both - you are truly blessed.


So here’s to your future! May it be filled with much love and happiness, building projects galore and all the things British and beautiful.


With love and best wishes to you both,


Loukie xx