Tuesday 5 June 2012

Who ate the Holy Rolos?!


Oh my Lordy, what a day! What a location! What the bleezes was that with the amazing summertime weather?! What a family! What a cracking bunch of friends. What a lovely packet of Rolos ;-) And most importantly what a beautiful couple, both in the yummy looks way and the amazing ‘good hearts and good giggles’ way. I can say this because I have known this special couple for many years, since the days of prep and smoking cigarettes in the vents to be precise, and I know they are very, very 'forgiving' people.  They forgive people who eat the Holy Rolo's non?!

There is something wonderful about shooting a friend’s wedding, daunting yes, but a real tribute to their belief you will do a great job. I haven’t shot a friend’s wedding for about 18months as I swore I wouldn’t do one again, but when friends hire you, because they want you to shoot their most important day, how can you say no?!

The wedding was in Looe, Cornwall and I stayed at the The Old Bridge House in West Looe. I would recommend this B&B a thousand times, amazing breakfasts, I had a super comfy room and received an enormous welcome from Colin & Liz, who were so friendly and run an excellent establishment.

The weather was incredible. The teepees were amazing and pitched on Emma's Grandma's field which gave it that extra personal touch. The food was delicious. The band 'Last of the Mojitos' were brilliant and got everyone dancing and even did a cigarette run for the guests - legends! The bubbles flowed and the atmosphere was just so personal and so very special.

I photographed Emma and Jona's personal shots at the Tallandbay Hotel (www.tallandbayhotel.co.uk) which by the way is all kinds of fabulous with incredible views and I must thank Mick (Jona's Dad) for carrying my flash and umbrella, it was very much appreciated!

All in all, I don’t think they could have planned for a more perfect day. 

The service by Father Phil was charming and I especially loved him using a packet of Rolo's to symbolise the love between the couple, 'Do you love them enough to give them your last Rolo' etc...I'm sure we all remember the advert. Sadly 'someone' ate the holy Rolo's...so shameful, tut tut tut (wiping chocolate from my mouth ;-) 

N.B. to future clients, I promise I will not eat anything you put in my possession! 

Jona & Emma, I would like to say that I think you are a wonderful couple, you truly are. You both have remarkable families and I can see how much you all love each other and I know you will have a very happy life together and if Emma's Mum is anything to go by Jona, you're on to a winner my friend ;-) 

I would love to go on and on about this wedding, but I can't because I may cry it was so good. 

Thank you to you both for letting me part of it and for making my job such a joy. Big love to you both xx