Friday 23 August 2013

Small but perfectly formed...



Tim and Sherida, new friends and downright awesome people. I forgive Tim his cycling obsession and influencing my boyfriend and encouraging his cycling obsession, because... well... frankly bikes are cool! Just not when they live in your kitchen/hallway/bedroom/bed. Sherida will wholeheartedly agree with me!

But on this special day, there were no bikes. Well, a cheeky one snuck in and photo-bombed a pic of the couple at one point, but other than that, it was, 'Not about the Bike' but two wonderful people saying, ‘I do,’ in front of a small, but perfectly formed group of their loved ones. And what a fantastic group they were. As I arrived, they had already positioned themselves in a neat little formation ready for me to take a shot! The most obedient bunch I have come across it has to be said ;-).

Marylebone Town Hall is structurally incredible and really very beautiful. The registrars are pretty amazing too. When I asked one of them if they had any rules, he casually replied, ‘Do what you like… we’re not stuffy here!’ That is a first it has to be said. Their service was lovely, quite a few sniffles from the ladies in the back and lots of beaming smiles from everyone else. It was simply perfect, and to top it all off Tim and Sherida were given champagne glasses to commemorate the last year of the hall hosting weddings. This saddens me, everyone should get married here as it's ruleless! Mazing!  

Tim and Sherida’s only real photo stipulation was the ‘Sepia shot’. An age-old favourite of the couple and their friends so of course it was a must! Faces were plumped, heads were raised in aristocratic arrogance, legs crossed and stares distant and aloof (think Bullingdon Club) – and where could possibly be better to do it then on the iconic steps of Marylebone Town Hall!

Sherida looked every bit the 1920s beauty in a rather lovely Rag & Bone number and the most amazing Chie Mihara shoes and although she may not like me saying it, she rocks that look like nobodies biz! Of course, I secretly kind of hoped Tim would turn up in his cycling gear with maybe just a nod to wedding attire as a joke, but sadly for me, and thankfully for Sherida, he donned a rather sharp Martin Margiela suit and Prada shoes and looked terribly dashing to boot. 

Off then to Hardy's Wine Bar on Dorset Street for some post-ceremony celebrations and at this point I must thank Sherida’s brother Murray for assisting me. I’m really ridiculous at times as I kept asking him if my bags were too heavy for him. This is a man, who, one week previously did an Iron Man competition! Sometimes Loukia…sometimes!

I loved this wedding… simple, elegant, unfussy and fun. And that’s just for starters. There is a big party in September for everyone else they know and love and sadly I have to work so will be missing out, but I’m so very glad I got to see this part of their day. It makes me feel really very privileged! 

So to Tim and Sherida, my love and congratulations to you both! You were both such fun to work with and for people who were seriously thinking about not having a photographer... I hope you now realise what a crazy mental thought that was! You wouldn't have these bad boys... 

Much love you to you both.

Loukia xxx

P.S. Sorry for putting up the chin shot chaps!