Friday 9 September 2011

A very elegant affair…

Last Saturday at Hampton Court Palace, camera in tow and a very lovely and helpful Jo Jenners by my side doing the invaluable service of bag carrying even though she is head of events at HCP (my back cannot thank her enough), I followed the first steps of newbie husband and wife, Andrew and Lucy as they wandered through the exquisite grounds of the late, late, very late Henry VIII’s pretty swish pad.

Lucy and Andy have great taste. Fact! I loved the black and white theme (girl after my own heart there) and everything from the venue to the table settings, the flowers, the canapés, to a stunning Vera Wang dress, everything screamed, ‘We know how to throw a very elegant affair!’

There wasn’t a drop of rain and it was one of those lovely warm, balmy days with big smiles, lots laughter and a few tears to boot. Lucy and Andy are fairly camera shy so I found myself directing a bit more than usual and me (being me), I felt a little intrusive at times, but I hope they don’t mind when they see the images. I also hope they didn't mind my inappropriate pervy(ish) joke…Why? Oh why? Oh why do I do it?! Luckily for me, they both have a pretty good sense of humour and hopefully not great hearing so.... 'I think I got away with it!'....(Basil Faulty/The Germans style).

Lucy and Andy are a gorgeous, friendly couple who are totally in love, but also have their own aspirations and goals and what is so wonderful to see is that they appear to support each others completely. Someone once said (it may have been a Priest or Kahlil Gibran or my Mother or the wise dude who props up bar at my local...I don’t recall)
‘It is not two people coming together as one, but two people with their own paths running side by side’. I honestly believe this is how marriage should be and I think Lucy and Andy are a perfect example of this.

I wish them all the very best for their future together. I hope it is full of those lovely smiles, Lucy’s giggling laughter; their continued good taste and of course lots of health, wealth, Yoga and happiness ;) xx







No comments: