Thursday 15 September 2011

Spread the word...free the chow mein

I would love to say that this story doesn’t end in chicken chow mein but unfortunately it does. When will I learn?! Not only is it pretty unhealthy, it is also a massive distraction (whilst consuming) and will make you lose your bearings/bus stop so you walk around Soho like a lost chow mein fart, confused, tired, unable to find the correct bus number and do nothing else but cry. Before you say anything, my phone was dead! I obviously didn’t cope before I had an iphone and I probably just cried a lot more. I don’t know what I cried more for though…the lack of number 14 buses or the fact that I ate the whole tub. Either way, it was a pretty rubbish Bridget Jones end to a very enjoyable gig.
Adam (Albatross) asked me to pop along and get some shots as he had bagged himself an excellent support slot for Chris Thile, Grammy Award-Winning mandolin playing genius.
The gig was at Borderline, a small Soho music venue…very cool, very strict *sigh*.
Seeing Adam again was great. I love his voice and music and the words always strike a chord in my heart. I especially like his self-deprecating audience chat. The place was pretty busy with an older and of course, more discerning crowd, but they were all on his side and attentive from the start. I can imagine this is no easy feat, but Adam pulled it off excellently and I think his music compliments Mr Thile’s performance perfectly.  
It was lovely to see fellow ex-Brightonian Dan again, and meet Jamie.
An excellent evening sadly dampened by my ‘new’ nemesis, Chinese food (formally, the Burger), a dead battery and a total lack of direction and a couple of girl tears.  
Must try harder.

No comments: