Sunday 19 August 2018

John, Talya, Lyla and Izaak…The fabulous four and a fabulous wedding!

Beautiful, bustling Brighton, what a corker of a place to fall in love, raise a family and get hitched. It’s home to John and Talya so a natural choice of course, but then again, it is the BEST place. Talking as an ex-Brightonian, and someone who has shot lots of weddings there, it’s still my favourite place as it offers so much - vibrant colours, picturesque scenery, cool backdrops… Fonzy cool! There’s crazy characters everywhere, chilled vibes, stunning light, and lest I forget a big old massive beach! Alfresco’s played host and I’ve never seen it look so pretty - tables adorned with romantic, dreamy flowers, pretty pastels aplenty, sticks of Brighton rock, pebble place names… ahhh too much PRETTY I can’t take it! And rather handy to be able to just pop onto the beach for shots as the light changed too. It was a brilliant venue for this relaxed wedding. And true to the ‘traditional’ English summer, ta-da, it  rained, but hey, it was 30+ degrees a couple of hours before so that’s fairly novel!

Let me rewind a little to the ceremony at Brighton Town Hall. This time we were in the Council Chambers and when I say it was hot, it was HOT! Lordy! My eye-balls were sweating! Clever Talya took the last minute decision to buy heart-shaped fans for all the guests and it was a stroke of genius. I caught the odd breeze but there was no time to stand around and fan myself, I was on duty to be the (sweaty) ninja photographer. The stairs outside the chambers are stunning and it was a wonderful spot for the family shots and a couple of the coupley ones. I can’t believe I’ve not been allowed up there before!
It was a very special ceremony, short and sweet with a bucket load of heart and one of the best moments of the day had to be the sheer delight on Lyla and Izaak’s face when mummy and daddy had their first kiss. Oh the glee on those little faces! It was such a special moment and I’m so glad I was able to capture it. I have to say Lyla and Izaak were an absolute delight throughout the day, super fun and friendly and totally up for being papped… little stars in the making!

So onto the main attraction… the lovely John and Talya. They were a delight and a real pleasure to work with and they make such a gorgeous couple. It has to be said they looked incredibly happy and utterly relaxed with each other, their guests and their kiddiwinks. They just seemed so happy to be together and celebrate the life they have created. Talya’s speech made me cry! Waaaah. As a mum I understand the sheer simplicity of love and gratitude for your partner and your children, and she conveyed it perfectly. Another highlight was during John’s speech when he actually got down on one knee and proposed again! The other speeches deserve big accolades too, with lots of childhood anecdotes and funny stories relayed and a great little look-book of John’s childhood… I liked Rugby John the best!

A big huge massive thanks must go to Kate, my very glamorous and shoeless assistant who braved the pebbles (did I mention she was shoeless? OUCHIE) to do the laborious task of holding a light stand, but she did it brilliantly and we got some awesome shots, so Kate m’darling, I hope it was worth the pain! A thousand thank you’s!

To finish, I would like to say a big hooray to this family… a truly fabulous four! I get the impression that life in their household is full of love and giggles and it was a real privilege being part of it for a day. To see two people in love and getting married when they’re already 2 kids and 14 years down, is very special and makes it all seem very real and very honest.

So John and Talya, I salute you! For being awesome, for raising awesome (the kiddies that is) and for hiring me. I hope I’ve captured your wedding as you wished it to be and I wish you all the love, luck and happiness in life as you go forward together.

My love and best wishes to you both,

Loukie xx



The Fab Suppliers....
 

The Venue: Alfresco, Brighton
Wedding Coordinator: Alex at Alfresco 
The Dress: Olvi Lace
The Suit: Moss Bross
Hair and Make-up: Hair by Ingrid from Fine to Fabulous and make-up by Magdalena, friend of the bride 
The Caterers: Alfresco
The Flowers: Ali from Go Botanica. Bouquets by Adele, friend of the bride
The Cake: Made by bride and friend Sophia
The Music: Technicolour

















No comments: