Thursday 17 September 2015

Karen, Pete and a classic country wedding to write home about.. all the way to Australia!

I loves a good country wedding! Especially when the bride is someone I actually met as a snotty-nosed 11yr old as we shared a stuffy-nosed boarding house. I went to school with Karen and it was an absolute pleasure getting a little Facebook message asking me to quote for her and Pete's big day. Et voila, here we are after a superb wedding. 

Nestled in sleepy Passfield in Hampshire, this family-home wedding was hard to beat! They're often the best! So personable, full of little touches and I whole-heartedly believe they're just that little bit more special. Especially when the bride's getting ready room is her childhood bedroom and it hasn't changed since in 1990! The school photo was eye-balling me, the teddies saluted me and I swear it was all bundled together with that familiar whiff of teenage angst, but now it's just a room filled with lovely memories and one beautiful, excited bride and her bridesmaid-extraordinaire, Louise.

So good people, where do we start? Perhaps with the lovely Hilary who conducted the Humanist ceremony and did a fantastic job. It was in the prettiest garden setting and thankfully the call to keep it outside was the right one as not one drop of rain fell. The smiles were big and the laughs plentiful. Little Jackson looked the CUTEST in a replica outfit of his dad Pete. Karen looked stunning. Her dress was exquisite - bravo Wedding Frox (www.weddingfrox.co.uk) - Karen you should wear it every day, even when you're doing the washing up. It honestly wouldn't look weird, it's THAT good ;-)

Not only did she look beaut but she is also a talented one! She created and prepared all the little extras such as the origami hanging birds, the Thank You favours, all the table decs, she even decorated the cake that her mother Jan made (it was picture perfect and had Royal icing my mother would happily gouge eyes out for!) Apparently Karen did everything! All Pete had to do was turn up looking good and he certainly didn't disappoint! In a pin-sharp suit and some super sharp effortless cool, I can see why this couple have created such a beautiful boy. Good genes chaps, good genes!

And lest we forget the dancing genes too. Way hey!! ‘The moves, the moves, my eyes my eyes.’ Travolta eat your strange little heart out cos this lot put you to shaaaaaaame! Oh yes there were some shapes on that floor. A few had to be dragged up, but once up there was no stopping them. I was even throwing some low-key shapes on the side-lines. I had to refrain from throwing my cameras down and going nuts with them!  

There are so many things I can say about this wedding. It was a delight to work as everyone was having the best time and simply put, the air was full to the brim with joy. It had all the elements of a damn fine day from the funny speeches, pretty setting, romance and kisses, to the mega tasty hog roast, the ace guests and most importantly, an awesome couple and their amazing family. I LOVED IT and can’t thank everyone enough for welcoming Alice and I into the mould for the day. 


So having to end my waffle, Karen and Pete… here's to a long and happy life toegther as lovers, best friends and parents... go forth, be happy, laugh like you did on your wedding day and remember... NEVER say you’re not that keen on Aussie men, you may just end up marrying one ;-) 

With much love and musings to you both,

Loukie x

P.S. A massive thank you to Alice for all her hard work and loveliness - assistant extraordinaire!















































1 comment:

cking0308 said...

Fantastic pictures looks amazing Karen and Pete. Loukia did you guys proud. Love all the incidental pictures aswell. Great job! ;)