Friday 15 August 2014

Chris and Ginnie - THE INVASION OF THE NUNS, the Bouquet of Power and um, well... Knicker-Gate


What’s worse than showing your big ol’ knick-knocks to a rather large group of wedding guests all looking at you whilst you’re on a really tall ladder?

NOTHING!

Confessional over.

I honestly don’t know where to start with this one or how to keep it within an acceptable word count.

Perhaps I should start with the extraordinary lady that is Ginnie. Beautiful, talented and lovely, she shall always be known to me as ‘Mrs. Talent’…’Mrs. I will make everything for my wedding.' I love her ethos for their day, ‘It has to be made, borrowed, second-hand or grown.’ Wow! And this is no, half-baked wonky-eye kind of craftsmanship, this is Pinterest-professional. Her talent is astounding. So when I say that they took it literally, I mean literally. Ginnie made her utterly unique and gorgeous bouquet (see pic of chris and the bouquet... 'BY THE POWER OF THE BOUQUET' - He-Man fans will understand), she also put her talents to the place names, all the wedding favours, the table dressings, the table plan, the amazing hanging mobiles made of RSVPs and other crafty bits, her fascinator, she practically made E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

She then roped in her equally talented friends and family for all the other stuff.  All the flowers were arranged and grown in Jennifer’s garden (Chris’ lovely mum) and even the Elderflower for the cordial was homegrown. Jennifer also made the cake. Best man Julian made the LOVE lights. Brother Maff sang the songs… Ginnie's band played...
I’m running out of breath… this list goes on. 'Creatively abundant' one might say.

I just loved the details and difference of this wedding, there was just so much of themselves in it, heart and soul… all in.

Ginnie's dress was a super cute vintage number from Hope and Harlequin (http://www.hopeandharlequin.com) and wowzers she looked amazing in it and judging by that all-day enormo-smile, she felt amazing too! Chris looked equally as gorgeous in a rather swanky blue number with a blue trilby.  Very handsome, very crooner. Like it. Chris also gave quite possibly the funniest grooms speech I’ve heard, he became very animated at times and had everyone LOLing like loons... Apparently no one knew he was so funny either. Ha. Pretty perfect time to unleash your comic genius I’d say.

But forget all that stuff. THEY CHOSE SUSHI!! Woo hoo. ‘Be still my salivating mouth, ssshhhhh….' Yes, it was a superb choice and a superb spread. A big hearty bravo to Karl and his team at Moshimo (http://www.moshimo.co.uk) – your food and service was fantastic and Karl you’re awesome. Period. I hope you don't mind the close-up! Remember, I think you're awesome ;-).

I must rewind a little though… to the Thursday before. I had to make my way to Brighton to shoot part one of their wedding - the official bit. It also happened to be Ginnie’s birthday. She tells everyone to have parties and weddings on said day as it’s always sunny and has been for every single birthday. The lady doth not lie! Wall-to-wall sunshine, blazing down, all bright-like, on a very happy troop of their nearest and dearest – all in all a lovely afternoon of sushi, love and officialdom. Marvellous!

Then a hop skip to two days later and we’re in Ovingdean and Chris and Ginnie are having a blessing by Father Martin (possibly the loveliest vicar to date) and everyone is perched on hay bales and basking in love and sunshine. I’m running around like a nutter as per, showing my knickers ;-) and thankfully everyone is awesome. Then down to the main garden for confetti, drinks, sushi, wonderful music and much merriment. A garden party of the highest order!

Chris and Ginnie pulled off a remarkable day that went without a hitch (no one mention the loos), but even the mighty get trumped. After Ginnie’s mum Vivienne gave a very heartfelt speech dedicated to her daughter (oh there were tears!) there was a bit of a kerfuffle, a flash of black and white… Vivienne started to read from a bible, someone had a sax… and oh good Lord, the room was awash with singing nuns. NUN-INVASION!
Sister Act stylie.To say the bride and groom were surprised is an understatement. It was wonderful to witness and hilarious... I could barely keep focus!

I must also mention the lovely Mark Brown (http://www.markbrownfilms.com) who I thoroughly enjoyed working alongside and I defy anyone to watch his films and not instantly fall in love with his work. The man is un genius. Go checkie...

And so my final words really must be of congratulations to these two marvels. Chris and Ginnie, your wedding was simply amazing and I‘m just so impressed by all you achieved. I marvel at your marvellousness ;-) You should be very, very proud and you should TOTALLY go into business! 'This time next year Rodders... ' ;-)

Anyway, may I wish the two of you and that gorgeous little boy of yours all the very best for the future. Hopefully it will be full of beautiful things, creativity, music, laughter and happy times aplenty.

My love and best wishes to you both.

Loukie x


































































































1 comment:

lauratilli said...

WOWEEEEEEE. What incredible photos, totally capturing an incredible day. You seem to have got all those special moments- just beautiful. So impressed. x